I love yogurt with fruit and granola. Its perfect for warm days as breakfast or as a snack. Its fills me up, its healthy, and it satisfies my sweet cravings. I have a huge sweet tooth that I’m learning to satisfy with fruits instead of chocolate. I won’t lie though I will find ways to sneak in some chocolate chips into my meals every once in a while.
As I was saying, I love yogurt cups and I’ve been eating those Chobani single serve cups for the last year or two and I love them. However, I am on a budget and trying to cut out sugar in my diet. Thus, my homemade yogurt cups were born.
I bought a large container of plain non-fat Chobani greek yogurt for approx $5 at Kroger that will yield at least 10-15 yogurt cups. Plus I can use it for so many other things in my kitchen!
Want it on the go for work or school? Mix the yogurt, fruit, and honey in a mason jar or small container for the day or have a week of them stored in the fridge. Have granola in a zip-lock bag so you add ig when ready to eat and still have the crunch.
- Chobani’s Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Chopped Strawberries or fruit of your choice
- Sweetener — I used organic honey, you can substitute and add Truvia instead.
- In a bowl of your preferred size ( I used a small bowl similar to the size of chobani cups) add your greek yogurt to fill up 3/4 of bowl
- Add desired fruit
- Drizzle approx 1 tsp of honey or one packet of Truvia
- Top with Granola
- Mix it up with your spoon
Enjoy your homemade fruit yogurt cup!
Jazz it up:
- Spice it up — Add a dash or Cinnamon or Nutmeg
- Flavored Yogurt– Stir-in some peanut butter in the yogurt or your favorite jam for flavored yogurt
- Step-it Up– Add some Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, or Protein Powder to amp up your yogurt cup.
Want some more ideas for flavored or fruit cup ideas? Let me know!