I’ve been taking pictures of most of meals and groceries but haven’t been able to do the weekly pots. As my title suggest its been a maddening month. I now work a full time job, one part time job, and a weekly volunteer program. Sometimes you gotta do what you have to do, Illinois cuts way too many taxes for my paycheck to be adequate. Sign.
During May I made four trips for groceries. Three trips to a big box store and one to the local farmers market on the first they opened. Plus my month Nature box subscription.
I experimented with my foods this month and they turned out pretty dang spectacular if I do say so myself. I’ve been making large portions of either dinner or lunch and using them for a day or two.
Breakfast has usually been the usual affair of either a fruit such as apples with peanut butter or oatmeal with fruits.
1) Groceries early may from Food4less (Kroger)
2) Whole Foods — I picked up this delicious acai berry cereal that I just loved as a snack or granola
3) Farmers Market Haul
4) Groceries from Food4less near the end of the month
5) New Naturebox (link with discount code)
This months eats:
1) Apples & PB w/ hot chocolate 2) Lunch at work – Tofurkey sandwich with pears and water
3) Spaghetti in avocado sauce & asparagus 4) Scrambled eggs with a plethora of veggies (recipe from Paleo Cookbook)
5) Work Lunch- Turkey and veggie sandwich, blueberries, and peach apple sauce
6) Dinner (and lunch for 2 days) – Couscous, barley, bok choy, and lots of veggies. This was my own recipe that filled me up quick.
7) Corn on the cob from memorial day.. YUM!