“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
Living healthy has been a process as I fall and I rise. Motivation is the driving force in keeping me from falling back into old habits, pushing myself to improve, and helping me maintain all my hard work. Today after a long time I’ve thought about what motivates me now.
Sometimes motivation comes in the simple form of a transformation picture, a quote on pinterest, or a compliment from a friend.
I keep going because I :
- Never want to to be ruled by my illnesses again
- Want to less self conscious– no baggy clothes or finding ways to hide “trouble areas”
- Love the energy I have now
- Can be the change for my family, friends, and future generations
- Want to smile when I look in the mirror
- Am too proud to ever go back
- Want to be toned
- Want to be a inspiration to others
- Am proud of myself for getting this far
- Want to be Strong, Healthy, and Happy
This has been a great way for me to look at why I keep going to the gym, why I try to eat clean and healthy. Its been hard the last few weeks since I’ve taken up a second job. Temptation is around me literally everyday at work in the form of cookies, cakes, sweets, and take-out food from co-workers and gifts from patients. This just helps remind why I need to be strong.
What is your driving motivation?